Tuesday, June 14, 2016

It has been a while since I last posted and so many things need updating. But, as long winded as I  can get, I will make the attempt to keep it brief. Anderson City Market has closed. I believe some good hearted person or charitable organization will step up to the plate and make it a reality again, but until that time, we here at Asparagus Annie's have decided to set up our shop at the Saxony Market in Fishers. It is not my goal to stray so far from Anderson, but until such time as we have a home here, we have to do what we have to do. I look forward to being able to once again see my market friends and have their favorite breads and muffins, cookies and fresh eggs and veggies soon.
In the meantime, anyone who would like to take a short drive to exit 210 will find us there bright eyed and bushy tailed from 8 am to noon every Saturday.
I have the opportunity to share some space at Landess farms on cross street in Anderson and I will update my post when that happens. It will probably be within the next couple of weeks as I finish negotiations and plan production for that market. It would be a great addition to Asparagus Annie's and hopefull our customers to be able to bring home fresh breads on their way home from work.
I also have explored the Wednesday night market at Minnetrista. But again, it will be a couple of weeks to put that all in place. That market is from 3pm to 6pm and I do look forward to having some products to sell there, but not our baked goods and Minnetrista has rules against home based vendors. So, until I either build my own 'commercial kitchen' or find on to operate out of, we will be resigned to selling only a few of our products there.
So, that was the long and here is the short... The garden is growing well, the chickens are happily laying eggs, the goats are giving us tons of milk to use in baking and to sell - so, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment